Blog Archive

Monday 16 June 2014

Elf Conditioning Lip Balm SPF15 in Peaceful Pink

 Hi Everyone,

Back today with a review on Elf's Conditioning Lip Balm with SPF15 in Peaceful Pink. When I was looking on Elf's website this Lip Balm really caught my eye, the packaging looked professional and sleek, the colour range was ideal for my tastes and the price sold me. These sell on the UK site for £3.95 which is a very reasonable price for a product that promises so much.







On their website they claim that this Lip Balm will provide a "sheer splash of colour that's super smooth, velvety soft and non sticky" they also state that the lip balms contain natural ingredients including Vitamin A & E to help condition dry, chapped lips. The fact that this product contains an SPF of 15 is highly beneficial to keep your lips safe in the summer months from harmful UV rays.



I am always on the look out for new natural looking lip shades, whether they be balms, lip gloss or lipsticks. I prefer the natural colours as I think they suit my complexion. This is why I chose the colour Peaceful Pink. This colour is a brighter natural tone baby pink. I like the fact that this lip balm is pigmented enough to show on my lips without looking unnatural. This is a huge selling point for me.







So first impressions: At first I wasn't very impressed with this lip balm. The consistency was really thick and hard - I couldn't seem to get any colour pay off from the lip balm - which as you can imagine was very frustrating. I had a look online and found that most peoples pot were much more liquid than mine. I tried to push a bit harder on the product and eventually managed to get some movement in the pot. I think this is a bit of a flaw as I was going to write the product off at this stage.



However, after persisting and trying this product again I can say that I am very impressed. The colour pay off is brilliant and it gives me the natural mid-baby pink tone that I was after. The colour is buildable and you only have to reapply every few hours. 



It does feel conditioning on the lips and is not sticky once applied. However, in the windy UK weather this will still cause your hair to stick to your lips. This almost seems inevitable in the UK anyway so I am happy to put up with this.



The bad point to this product which was one of the first things that drew me to it in the first place is the packaging. Being a pot it is very unhygienic and the shape makes it hard to get your finger in to apply this lip balm. I often find that I have a large clump of lip balm in my finger nail after I have applied this. Which is not ideal if you are out and about. 






Overall: I would highly recommend these lip balms and will be purchases more in the near future! I love the colour range available and feel that the sheer colour pay off is ideal for everyday wear. 


If you have experience of these Elf Conditioning Lip Balms with SPF15 please feel free to link your blog below or comment so that I can see your opinions on these :)


 photo Signature_zpsdbf5ab73.png

1 comment:

  1. I really like the Elf cosmetics brand and I have a lot of products from them. I've never tried this tinted lip balm before though and I must say the texture does seem baffling. The packaging also looks huge considering the tiny amount of product inside but the colour does actually look lovely and it's a very wearable pink. I also like the fact that it has SPF 15 in as obviously our lips need sun protection too!

    The Miss Beauty Saver Blog

    ReplyDelete